Q. How do I use SafeAssign to check the originality of my work?
SafeAssign is a plagiarism prevention service, offered by Blackboard.
1. Click the Self-Check link on the left hand menu of the class page.
2. Click on the Self-Check submission link.
3. Select the file you wish to check from your computer.
4. Check the name of the document to ensure you have selected the correct file.
5. Once you have confirmed your selection, press the submit button
SafeAssign will then generate a report.
Access your report
Click on ‘My Grades’ on the left hand side panel
Select Check the Originality of Your Work from the list of items under 'all'
6. Navigate to the dropdown arrow to reveal your similarity index and originality report.
7. Click view originality report to check your originality report.
8. You will now see completed your originality report as well as a list of matching sources. You need to ensure that similarity of the document is of an acceptable percentage before you submit. For details of the percentage refer to your class Facilitators.
You can upload papers to the self-checker as many times as you like before you submit your assessment. Your submissions to the assessment area are final and no further edits can be made.