Q. How do I save 'Pages' files as a 'Word' document format from a mac?
I need to be able to re format my work for submission
1. Open the Pages file you want to convert / save to Word format into the Pages app for OS X
2. Go to the “File” menu and choose “Export To”, then select “Word” from the submenu list
3. At the “Export Your Document” screen and under the "Word" tab, click the triangle next to "Advanced Options"
4. Select the appropriate Word file format to use: “.docx” for compatibility with the newest versions of Microsoft Office and Word, or “.doc” for greater compatibility with older versions of Word – then click “Next”
5. Give the new Word file a name as usual, select a destination to save the file to, and choose “Export”
Your newly created Word file, either in .doc or .docx format, will be saved wherever you specified.
For the most part, Pages app will produce very compatible word files without any effort, and the resulting .doc or .docx file will open without incident in Microsoft Word and look basically identical as it started.