Q. What programs might I need as a student on Blackboard?
This is a short list of suggestions, please refer to your Program Directors or lecturers for more information on required programs for your subject;
- Adobe Acrobat Reader - a trusted software program used for viewing, printing, and annotating PDFs.
- Adobe Flash - Adobe Flash Player (labeled Shockwave flash in Internet Explorer and Firefox) is freeware software for using content created on the Adobe Flash platform, including viewing multimedia, executing rich Internet applications, and streaming video and audio.
- Firefox and Google Chrome Web Browser - The recommended web browser for Blackboard is Firefox. The recommended web browser for Collaborate Ultra which is your web conferencing tool is Google Chrome. Therefore it's best to install both web browsers on your computer.
- Handbrake - Large video files are slow to upload and download. One of the most popular tools that can significantly shrink the file size without losing quality is Handbrake.
- Articulate Mobile Play - Get the best e-learning experience available on your iPad with Articulate Mobile Player. This program will allow you to play most articulates outside of blackboard anytime anywhere.
- Bb student - This is the mobile app where you can quickly view updates to your courses and content.
- Respondus App - If you are completing exams online then you will be using Respondus an exam invigilator software. Respondus uses a webcam and lockdown browser to records the entire testing experience.
Was this helpful? 0 0