Q. How do I write a business proposal?
A business proposal is a formal document created with the purpose of securing a project or some funds. It is also used to sell a product or service and to persuade your client to accept proposed changes.
Essential sections of a business proposal include:
- Introduction – describe the current situation and problem
- Plan of work – explain how you will solve the problem mentioned in the introduction
- Budget – provide an estimation of project costs (materials, employee salaries, rent, legal fees)
- Timeline or schedule for work to be done – provide details regarding the completion date of each stage of the project
- Counter argument for possible opposition – argue why the benefits of the project outweigh the oppositions
- Conclusion – restate the benefits of your proposal